Crane International Trading (Beijing) Co. Ltd respectsyour right to privacy and we adhere to a strict policy of complying with allapplicable privacy and data protection laws. This is consistent with the valuewe place on maintaining the trust of our customers, business partners,employees and others who share their personal information with us. We arecommitted to using your personal data for necessary business purposes lawfully,fairly and transparently while ensuring that appropriate security measures areapplied to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
Theprivacy practices set forth in this Privacy Statement are for our Websitesonly. These Websites may contain links to other sites. Crane International Trading(Beijing) Co. Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contentof such other sites. If you link to or otherwise visit any other site, pleasereview the privacy policies posted at that site.
This noticewill help you understand the following:
1. How do we collect and useyour personal information?
• The term “personal data” refersto any data you give to us to identify you in the course of our relationship,whether you are a customer, a supplier, an employee, an investor, or a candidateapplying for a job with us. Examples of the personal data include your name,e-mail address, postal address, phone number, business contact details, andpayment information depending on the context in which you share suchinformation.
• We only handle the personaldata you provide to us and we will let you know what personal data we holdwhenever you ask.
• We use this data to identifyyou, in the course of our relationship, whether you are a customer, a supplier,an employee, an investor, or a candidate applying for a job with us.
i. For Customers and BusinessPartners - For customers (buyers) and suppliers(sales), our legal basis of processing personal data is for the performance ofa contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your requestprior to entering into a contract, namely the purchase and sales contracts youinitiate with us. The personal data we process includes your business contactinformation and payment information that is used in the fulfillment ofcontractual terms. This data is retained as a book and record of the companyfor the purpose of demonstrating our shared legal interests. Information isstored in both online and offline formats as appropriate to the location ofproduct production or delivery of the service. Adequate protections are assuredthrough the use of model contracts and standard contractual clauses.
ii. For Employees, Applicantsand Retirees - For job applicants, employees, andretirees, our legal basis of processing personal data is for the performance ofa contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your requestprior to entering into a contract, namely employment contracts. The data usedis your personal information necessary for our payroll obligations, benefits,pensions, and other local regulatory reporting that is used in the fulfillmentof contractual terms which we share with you at the time of enrollment. Should you provide information about yourfamily, it is used in the enrollment of benefits you wish to include them in.You may also wish to identify them as an emergency contact, should we need toreach them for your welfare. Your family information is retained only as longas it is needed for the delivery of benefits. Your personal data is retained asa book and record of the company, for the purpose of demonstrating our sharedlegal interests and should you require the future financial assistance of theCrane Fund. Information is stored inboth online and offline formats. Adequate protections are assured through theuse of model contracts and standard contractual clauses.
iv. About our Locations - Many of our facilities use security monitoring technologies,including but not limited to security cameras, motion/sound detection, andaccess control systems. The use of the internet within our facilities is alsomonitored. These systems are used to protect people, property, and products.Access to these systems is limited to appropriate personnel and servicecompanies.
v. Guests will be required to identify themselves by providing professionalidentification, up to and including government-issued documents for secureareas. Guest access will be recorded and retained for safety, review, andinvestigations.
We use thefollowing types of cookies:
· Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of ourwebsite. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secureareas of our website and to customize your account and news profile.
· Analytical/PerformanceCookies. These allow us to recognize and count thenumber of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when theyare using it. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example,by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to ourwebsite. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name,and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you havevisited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to makeour website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to yourinterests. We may also share this information with third parties for thispurpose.
Private, InPrivate and Incognito browsingwill delete all cookies when you close your web browser. Clearing your browser history will also letyou delete any cookies stored on your computer.
Theoperation of this website requires the use of both servers and firewalls. Each webpage you open automatically createsand stores a record of usage in our equipment, commonly referred to as a “logfile entry.” The design of the internetand the software used by your PC results in your web browser sharing thefollowing information:
· Web browser type and version
· The operating system used by your computer
· The referrer Universal Resource Locator (URL)
· The “hostname” given to your computer
· Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
· The date and time you opened the webpage
Thisinformation is used to provide you with a formatted webpage required by yourcomputer and to protect our content from being changed without ourpermission. These activities are astandard function of all servers and firewalls.
Thisdata cannot be assigned to specific persons and is not combined with other datasources. To protect our legitimate interests, we reserve the right to checkthis data to ensure that improper use of this service has not occurred.
Whereapplicable, Google has been selected to assist us in the evaluation of ourwebsite by producing activity reports. We use these reports to enhance theservices offered by this website. Sections of this website use Google Analyticsservices to summarize general usage. This service uses "cookies" tocollect information about the webpages you open. This information collected is transmitted toGoogle servers in the USA, where it is stored. Google Inc. is headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View,CA 94043, USA.
Ifyou activate IP anonymization, Google will truncate your IP address when youare located within the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases, which arenot controlled by Crane, the full IP address may be transmitted to a Googleserver in the USA and truncated there. The IP address acquired from yourbrowser is not combined with other Google data.
You can set your browser software to preventthe storage of cookies. Should you set your browser in this manner, you may notbe able to use all the functions offered by this website. You can also preventthe collection and transmission of the data generated by the cookie, includingyour IP address, by downloading and installing the Google Analytics “Opt-out”browser add-on. This browser “Opt-out”add-on does not affect the collection of log file entries, mentionedpreviously.
3. How do we share, transfer,and publicly disclose your personal information?
(1) Sharing - We share yourpersonal information with other companies in the following situations:
a. Your requests may requiretransmission through supply-chain portals, value-added networks (VAN) whosupport electronic data interchanges (EDI), as well as website hosting,messaging, and email service providers.
b. Your payments may require thesupport of relevant regulators, credit agencies, payment processors, andbanks.
c. Your deliveries may require thesupport of relevant regulators, import/export agencies, brokers, insuranceagents, and shipping companies.
d. Your contracts may involve third-partylawyers, brokers, agents, leasing, and accounting firms and service providers.
e. Your employment application mayrequire background checks into your legal, credit, education, and employmenthistory. We will also contact the references you provide.
f. Your compensation may be sharedwith appropriate third-party insurance, banks, payroll, and benefits providers.
g. Should you require specialsecurity clearance you will need to complete advanced testing, screening orother government clearances.
h. Our facilities may be monitoredby third-party security companies and investigators.
In all cases, your personal information isused to satisfy the requests you have made.
We may also share your personalinformation in accordance with laws and regulations or in accordance with themandatory requirements of the relevant government authorities.
(2) Transfer - We will not transferyour personal information to any company, organization or individual except inthe following cases:
a. Transfer with explicit consent- After obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personalinformation to other parties;
b. In the case of mergers,acquisitions or bankruptcy liquidation, if we are involved in the transfer ofpersonal information, we will continue to be bound by this privacy notice byrequiring new companies and organizations that hold your personal informationto also be bound by this privacy notice; otherwise we will require the companyor organization to re-seek your consent for authorization.
(3) Public Disclosure - We will onlypublicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
a. After obtaining your explicitconsent;
b. Disclosure based on law - Wemay publicly disclose your personal information in the event of legal,litigation, or mandatory requirements of the relevant government authorities.
4. How do we protect yourpersonal information?
Your personal information is protectedwith both policies and technical measures.
(1)Weuseindustrystandardsecurity measures to protect the personal information you provide againstunauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage, and loss. Weuse encryption to establish secure connections; approved firewalls to protectdata in each country; trusted protection mechanisms to protect againstmalicious attacks; access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorizedpersonnel have access to personal information, and; conduct security andprivacy protection training to enhance employee awareness of the importance ofprotecting personal information.
(2) We have security processes inplace to identify potential inconsistencies in the handling of personal,confidential, and proprietary data, including continuous review of logs,emails, and security files from our computerized systems. Log, email, andsecurity files are used to confirm your data goes to approved locations.
(3) We take all reasonable andfeasible measures to ensure that no irrelevant personal information iscollected. We will only retain yourpersonal information for the period of time required to achieve the purposes forwhich it was collected unless an extension of the retention period is requiredor permitted by law.
(4) The Internet environment is not100% secure and we will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of anyinformation you send us. If our physical, technical, or administrativeprotective equipment is destroyed, resulting in unauthorized access, publicdisclosure, alteration, or destruction of information, resulting in damage toyour legal rights, we will bear the corresponding legal responsibilities.
(5) After a personal data breach,we will promptly inform you according to the requirements of laws andregulations. We will promptly inform you of the relevant circumstances of theincident by mail, letter, telephone, email, or website notice.
(6) We will also report the loss ordamage of personal data in accordance with the requirements of the regulatoryauthorities.
5. Your rights
When you share your personal data with us,we will not share it with outside entities without informing you, unless we arerequired to do so by local laws.
We only handle your personal data when weneed to, such as when processing your application, when you want to buy ourproducts, or when we want to purchase something from you. If you are aninvestor, we only use the data you have given us to provide you with theinformation you have requested.
We will not retain your data for longerthan necessary. Once your data is no longer needed, we delete it.
If you would like us to update or deleteyour personal data, please let us know. We will do our best to handle yourrequest in a timely manner. Pleaseunderstand, however, that we may be legally required to retain certaininformation, which we will of course always maintain as confidential.
Your personal data will only be used tosatisfy the purpose for which you shared it with us. Should we wish to use it for another purposewe will get your permission in advance.
Should we need to complete a creditevaluation or handle your payment information, we will get your approval beforedoing so.
Due to the sensitivity of our products,markets and customers, background checks may be periodically needed. They are undertaken only by approvedpartners, and we will let you know when one is required.
Where regulations require, we verifyclearance against European External Action Service, United States Department ofCommerce Denied Persons screening, and as required by local laws or specificindustry requirements.
We do not sell your personalinformation. We also do not permit othercompanies that process your data on our behalf to sell your personalinformation or use it in a manner that was not specifically requested by us.
6. How do we deal withchildren's personal information?
Our Websitesare not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating tochildren. If you are under the age of 16, or equivalent minimum age in therelevant jurisdiction, please do not attempt to provide any personalinformation about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personalinformation from a child under the age of 16, or equivalent minimum age in therelevant jurisdiction, we will promptly delete that information. If you believewe have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, orequivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please contact us.
Should youprovide information about your children, or other family members, it is used inthe enrollment of benefits you wish to include them in. You may also wish toidentify your family members as an emergency contract, should we need to reachthem for your welfare. Your familyinformation is retained only as long as it is needed for the delivery ofbenefits.
Depending onthe services required for your family members, names, addresses, phone numbers,other personal contact information, and government identity numbers may berequired. Information that is notrequired will not be collected.
7. How does your personalinformation transfer globally?
Asa global company with multiple operations, we may share your personal dataamong locations, business units, and functions, as appropriate based on yourbusiness with us. Your shared data will be limited to only what is needed andused as appropriate to your request.
Yourinformation may be sent to jurisdictions, including the United States, whichmay not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your homecountry. We use model contracts to control transfers and processing, whetheronline or offline, of all personal data representing applicants, employees,customers, suppliers, investors and all other Data Subjects contacting CraneCo., its affiliates and subsidiaries, wherever they may be.
8. How to update this notice?
This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in January 2021 and is reviewed annually. When we change the policy in a material way, anotice will be posted on our website along with the updated Privacy Notice.
9. How to contact us?
Please send your questions, comments, and concerns in writing by posted mail directly to our Privacy Office.
Attn: Privacy Office
Rm 1103, SK Tower 11F, 6A, Jianguomenwai Avenue,
Chaoyang District ，Beijing 100022
For convenience, you may email email@example.com for any of your questions,concerns or requests. All internetmessages are filtered automatically for spam, viruses, and offensive terms bythird-party service providers before reaching us. As such, emails may travelacross international borders and be stored in cloud-based servers for some ofour operations. We do not accept encrypted email messages, as we cannotdetermine if they are safe for our operations.